I would like to change my relationship with perfectionism. The areas of my life that are most affected by this affliction are
- The cleanliness of my house
- My relationship with my body
- My expectations for how to be successful
- My support of my kids’ education
All of these areas have a few things in common:
- They all require continual attention to keep “on top of it” with their successful attainment.
- They are areas that I feel the least adept.
- There doesn’t seem to be an ‘end point’ for the effort involved
- The standards for success seem high or unrealistic at times
So…what is a girl to do?
The first step is to admit there is a “problem”. The second is to decide what I ultimately want to feel. The third is to get busy creating ways to feel those feelings right now.
If I were to guess at what I want to feel, I’d guess: peaceful and resourceful. My next step is to mindfully create situations that help me feel that way. To achieve this, I will set aside time tomorrow to create a list of ways I can achieve said feelings (fun and creative will be the intention for the list). I also would like to invite the Universe to provide opportunities, resources and experiences that help me to feel more aligned with the situations described above. This or better!